Wine

chardonnay-lrg-480x960px

Chardonnay 2017

Sold Out

Grapes The grapes are grown on our neighboring farm, 400m next to our cellar.

Vinification The grapes have been pressed as whole bunches. After the juice settled over night, it was pumped in six old 500 litre barrels. Natural fermentation started days later and continued fermenting for six weeks. The wine stayed in barrel until bottling – six months later. Every two to three weeks, the fine lees in the barrels were mixed up to give the wine a certain creaminess.

Tasting notes The Chardonnay is a heavy, full bodied white wine. The aromas consist of a combination of the Chardonnay fruit, some wood and a creamy finish.

Our recommendation This wine suits great for cheese platters and fish dishes.

Alcohol – 14.0% Vol, R.S. – 1.8 g/l, T.A. – 4.7 g/l, pH – 3.56

csb2 (4)

Sauvignon Blanc 2020

Grapes The grapes are grown in the Wine Origin Cape Aghulas, which is classified as a cold climate area. The vineyard is only 7.5km from the ocean and 56km from the “real” most southern point of Africa, where the Indian and Atlantic Ocean are merging into each other.

Vinification The harvest was done by hand into 20kg harvest boxes. The grapes where stored in a fridge over night to be able to start the de-stemming below 15C. The fermentation took place at 14C.

Tasting notes This Sauvignon Blanc shows crisp citrus and stone fruit flavours on the nose, combined with fresh acidity and a hint of minerality on the palate.

Our recommendationWe recommend serving the Sauvignon Blanc with apéritifs, fish, light meals, cheeses and hot cheese dishes.

Alcohol – 13% Vol, RS – 2.4 g/l, WS – 6.4 g/l, pH – 3.29

rose (2)

Cabernet Franc Bottleneck Rosé 2020

Grapes After a hot harvest day, our pickers brought, to our surprise, another 4 tons of harvested Cabernet Franc grapes. All the tanks in the cellar were already filled to capacity and hence we were confronted with a serious bottleneck! The only available container was the wine-press. Consequently we started a new adventure; we launched the “Bottleneck” Rosé.

Vinification After sorting and destemming, the mash was stored for 5 hours in our press. The fermentation took place with selected yeasts. The wine was bottled only 3 months after the harvest.

Tasting notes The Bottleneck Rose shows pleasant aromas of cherry, strawberry and subtle hints of raspberry on the nose, followed by a light to medium bodied palate. This is supported by intense fruit aromas with a long finish.

Our recommendation The Rosé is a great choice for the summer. It suits perfectly with light meals such as melon, ham, salad and salmon.

AWARDS Gold medal at Vitis Vinifera 2019

Alcohol – 13.5% Vol, RS – 2.0 g/l, WS – 5.4 g/l, pH – 3.64

cab-2017

Cabernet Franc 2017

Grapes Cabernet Franc grapes are not as common as Cabernet Sauvignon grapes. Cabernet Franc grapes are typically used for wine blends because of its low tanins. Because we were so impressed with the quality of these grapes, we decided to bring a pure Cabernet Franc on the market. The grapes were hand-picked and not irrigated.
The grapes come from a single vineyard on our neighbouring farm.

Vinification The wine has been fermented with selected yeast. The grapes where pressed 3 weeks after harvest. The wine matured for two years prior bottling 30% of the wine was stored in older french barrels. The remaining 70% was stored in stainless steel tanks

“Tasting notes”: AWARDS 91 points by Cape Wine Master David March, Stellenbosch Wine Review

Alcohol – 13.5% Vol, R.S. – 2.0 g/l, T.A. – 5.4 g/l, pH – 3.64

sl

Sir Lowry Classic Blend 2017

The Classic Blend consists of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Cabernet Franc and 10% Merlot

Vinification The 3 varieties matured for two years in the cellar prior bottling. About 50% was aged in older french barrels.

Tasting notes This classic blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot shows a combination of earthy and red fruit flavours. The lightly perceptible oak contributes to a well rounded wine.

Alcohol – 14.5% Vol, R.S. – 1.7 g/l, T.A. – 6.3 g/l, pH – 3.37

cs

Cabernet Sauvignon – Vintage 2017

Grapes The grapes are from a single vineyard from our neighbouring farm, 400m next to our cellar.

Vinification The grapes were fermented in stainless steel tanks with selected yeast cultures. The pressing of took place three to four weeks after crushing. The wine matured for one year in french barrels and one year in the tank

Tasting notes A Cabernet Sauvignon offering white pepper, pencil shavings and nuances of tobacco on the nose. On the palate this wine rewards with abundant dark fruit and complexity.

Alcohol – 14.5% Vol, R.S. – 2.0 g/l, T.A. – 6.4 g/l, pH – 3.40